Today was our first Wednesday with a booth at the Darien Farmers Market.
Thoughts on this outreach activity:
1. Oh my gosh I am the most rookie tent “setter upper” in the universe. I had to ask the Pie Lady with the booth next to me for help.
2. Someone asked me what she should make with kohlrabi and my heart sang.
3. We checked out one cookbook and one magazine but spent most of the day hawking our programs and services.
4. We took someone’s library book and returned it for her.
5. We set up a WiFi hot spot so next week I’ll be able to show shoppers how to download eBooks.
6. At the end of the day, while struggling with putting the tent away, the farmers next to us gave us 2 extra apple cider doughnuts. Brilliant.